Saturday, October 23, 2010

Travel Update

This month has been speeding on by.  I have another month of classes, and then I am done with Spanish class on November 27th.  My parents are coming down to play and travel from the Nov. 27th until Dec. 10th. I have been thinking about whether or not I would like to be in Buenos Aires in December and January full time and I came to the conclusion of no when I was riding home on the subte one day.  I was waiting for the subte and one rolled into the station and it was jam packed with people - New Yorkers you haven't seen anything like this.  People literally survey the scene to figure out how they can possibly manage and which way they should turn their bodies in order to fit into the subte car already riding low because of the weight of too many passengers. So I waited for the next one.  Five minutes later, the exact situation happened again.  So I waited for the next one, five minutes later, subtes come really quickly here you never have to wait more than 15 minutes it's beautiful, a jammed packed subte rolls into the station and at this point I just want to get move - one person gets off and I wiggle my way into that same exact spot.  The subte was kind of stinky and it was here that I realized that I don't want to have to deal with this as it gets warmer and warmer. 

I'm going to wwoof in the north, it's going to be really hot but I just really want to see the beautiful towns and land up there.  It is smaller and has a ton of culture because Jujuy and Salta border Peru and Bolivia.  It will be a lovely 20 hour bus ride unless I find a cheaper way to travel by plane.  I was just chatting with a girl in my Spanish class, and we are going to travel and wwoof together in December. 

In January, Kai is coming down.  (Kai I've just made it official because it's on the internet)  We were thinking about going to Bariloche and maybe El Bolson to wwoof. 

Before I came down here I told everyone that my plane ticket on February 3rd could be a temporary ticket or a permenant ticket.  Well turns out it is half and half. One of my best girlfriends, who was also a maid with me at Yellowstone National Park about four years ago, has been studying in New Zealand for the year.  She is meeting me in the Bogota, Columbia airport, I'll be taking the first half of my ticket, and we are going to be traveling together for a little over a month in Northern South America.  I'll be home in March, but don't get too excited because then it's time to explore China with Talia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment