Monday, November 8, 2010

End of First Week of November

First of all, it's crazy to me that it's November.  It could be that I never know what day it is, and only know days of the week so when I look at an actual date I get surprised.  Or it could just be that time is moving quickly, clearly it's the second option.

This week consisted of going to a tango show/lesson at Le Catedral, meeting up with my conversation partner (she's the sweetest, always inviting me to different things), went to the Evita Museum, dinner in Tigre with friends from my Spanish class, and last but not least the Gay Pride Parade.

 Walking up to Le Catedral I could have easily have walked past it.  You walk upstairs and it's a huge old space.  I think I would label it as shabby chic. There was a tango lesson going on that I joined for a little bit and then incredible dancers took the floor once the lesson was over.
I went to Tigre with Emma, on the left, and Emily, on the right. The picture below is my friend Eve and I.  Emma and Eve are two girls from my Spanish class.  The three of them are part of a bigger group from Warwick University in England.  They were in my class last month as well.  This month the classes are a lot smaller, and I am the only American among them. There are 8 of us in class, out of 12 total in the level, this month.  There were 15 in my class last month out of 28 in the whole level. 
Here are some beautiful buildings on my way to Gay Pride Parade on Saturday 11/6/10
 The fountain and statue are at Plaza Congreso which is a block from my residence.
 Some cool paintings on a building on 9 de Julio, the 12 lane highway.  Below is Casa Rosata where the President lives, notice the rainbow flags on the top of the picture.

And the gay pride pictures begin....






 The woman that face painted my face.


 If you couldn't tell, he's trying to be a unicorn. Below, I'm with Lottie, in the middle, and (another) Emily.  I found them in the crowd.  We hopped on a party bus/a float.
Our party bus.

 This is the float that I was on.
 With Emma and her housemates.
 My new friend.

 Emma and her housemates after the parade was over, there was another stage at Congreso where the guy above in the wig was playing.
I have a lot more pictures of Gay Pride, but I figured these would be substantial to get the idea across.

No comments:

Post a Comment