Friday, October 8, 2010

I HAVE A JOB!

I got a job today with the International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation, and will begin on Tuesday the 12th of October.  I will be working Monday-Friday from 9:30-12:30 every morning.  Class starts at 1, and is a short 20 minute walk from the office - so nice!

As of right now, I will be helping them to finish a scanning things on to the computer about the co-founder, Moreno, who passed away.  I will be going through letters written to him and press clippings written about him.  I will also be meeting Lydia, on Tuesday, who runs the educational program for the foundation and seeing how I can be a part of that as well.

Yesterday, we had a orientation dinner where everyone from the program, past and present, came for dinner.  A few of us went out after and danced the night away.  Tomorrow, I am off to a gaucho fest for the day.  There will be an asado, grilled meat, and empenadas.  As well as a horse show and music all day.  Pictures are coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am envious! Tell me about gaucho fest! Can't wait to hear more. Good luck and congrats on the job.

    ReplyDelete